Friday, July 2, 2010

26 hours later

don't have much time or energy to write a good blog but here are some random thoughts:

- 26 hours is the longest time I have ever traveled from point A to point B.

- when in japan (even though it's only Narita airport) eat Japanese food, so I had Udon =)

- I was looking at the map for the location of our plane in relation to where we were headed, and we passed the Philippines - that was a bit weird..

- checked in our hotel room in Singapore (nice surprise that each of us have our own rooms). It's bittersweet because the room is so pretty (as you guys know, I travel by way of hostels so any hotel room is fancy for me).  Here's a pic, can you see my bathtub?



- my biggest fear - a possible sinus infection is on the rise.  should I jump start the Cipro?

- met some of the girls and everyone is super nice.  Laura is a PICU nurse from Boston Children's, Gabby is a  PNP from Seattle Children's, a burn/wound care nurse, and another lady (can't recall her title).  Volunteering for Project Hope is the first for all of us except the Gabby.  One of the ladies is a yoga instructor... how lucky am I!?  After getting situated in the Mercy tomorrow, we will "galavant" Singapore and make the best of it until we leave on July 4th or 5th.

- going to take a quick shower then sleep.  Wake up time is 7am, so I have about 4.5 hours.

- i keep thinking about what my mom said to me before i left.  She said, "just eat whatever they have, don't be picky!"... hehe.  So I bought packets of miso soup while in Narita to substitute my protein intake.  

No idea when I'll be able to post another blog so til then... toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment