Monday, August 2, 2010

aug 2

August 2, 2010

3 more days and we’ll be in Australia.  It feels like I’ve been on the Mercy for much longer than I actually have.  I can’t believe that I’ve been on a sailing ship for 5 weeks.  It has been a rollercoaster of emotions, with physical and mental challenges.  This morning, I ate breakfast with the Hope volunteers and got into a d&m convo with Kathryn and Randy about how children are treated in the world, or should I say, maltreated.  We talked about illegal abortions in the states, passage of rites in certain tribes that include forcing young boys to perform oral sex on their fathers, and everything else that we do not hear about but know happens to children around the world.  If only we could scoop these innocent children and place them in a bubble that offers safety and security, happiness and good health, we will save the world from people who grow up to be “monsters”.  This conversation made me realize that I am with the people who have the same passion in helping children and the human race, and this makes me happy to be here more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment